Monday, January 24, 2011

Top Ten Countdown Music Blogfest


Happy Monday Everyone. This week is a big one for me, so Let's Get it Started, Let's Get It Started In Here (a little Black Eyed Peas fo ya).
Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for Counting down our top tunes of all time in the Top Ten Music Blogfest!
Music moves us. It inspires us! So in this particular blogfest all participants were charged with sharing our Top Ten Songs of all time: The Band/ Singer- The Song- The Reason it moves you.
In no particular order, here are mine:
  1. Frank Sinatra- Luck Be A Lady Tonight (Guys and Dolls)- It used to be my pregame song when I was a high school Special Teams Coordinator. Led to 3 kick returns and 1 punt return for touchdowns.
  2. Any Symphony- Overture~ Le Nozze de Figaro- The violins ring to my soul.
  3. Frank Sinatra- Fly Me To The Moon (Intro to Wall Street) because I love that movie and that version of the song
  4. Jay-Z/ Linkin Park- Numb/ Encore- They go together like champagne and orange juice.
  5. The Three Tenors (Carreras, Domingo, Pavarotti) - Nessun Dorma- Goosebumps... Chills...
  6. Sade- Cherish The Day- Smooth like warm caramel
  7. Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit- This song is like injecting adrenaline straight into my veins.
  8. Dave Matthews- #41- Makes me sway involuntarily
  9. Evanescence- Bring Me To Life- Love her angelic voice against the aggressive guitars and drums
  10. P.O.D.- Alive- Because it ignites me.
Make sure you click through the blogfest link at the top to see the rest of the entries.

22 comments:

  1. chairman and the group is there...
    what a great selection of music
    thanks for the melody's,
    jeremy
    [iZombie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list, and I love #6-9. I listen to those a lot!
    :)
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Shade and Nirvana ...

    Great choice.

    Miichael

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting group of songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's variety! And Alive is a kick-butt song.
    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tastes are as varied as they come! I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices! It was so hard to pick. I love ancient history. Will stop in again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a cool list. Nice and varied.

    ReplyDelete
  9. quite a few have listed Smells like teen spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent mix here! I love Numb when I'm in a mood or writing for a certain character! And Evanescence Fallen - I could listen to that over and over and over without ever tiring of the entire CD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like something for everybody here. Sinatra's music is great.

    Lee
    Make sure you check my Wednesday post!
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. That list is cool.

    I'm a sucker for violins too. Mix it with the Cello and I could just float away.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first Sinatra I've seen on the lists. You've got some really great picks. I can't believe I didn't get "Bring Me to Life" onto my list! Well, I could make an entirely different list every day, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great selection of songs! And you love Greek mythology! I'm sold. Sign me up for this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I played violin for 4 years and loved it. I wished I didn't have to quit back in high school but I'm happy I never forgot the notes. I can still pick it up and play. Nirvana is great and Sinatra is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I LOVE your list! A different hour and I could have picked many of these songs as my top 10, too. I love Amy Lee's voice and Jay_Z/Linkin Park both made my list...and together they ARE like champagne and OJ (mimosas are my cocktail of choice. :) I've seen DMB live 4 times...so good live. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Jay-Z/ Linkin Park track was an excellent choice. I could have picked this Evanescence track too. As for Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit - this is one of mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a huge Sinatra fan. And Smells Like Teen Spirit made it to my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great variety here! And I love Bring Me to Life. Could have easily made my list. Amy Lee's voice is hauntingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your #1, 3 and 9! Looks like you're a Sinatra fan! And if you like the Three Tenors, have you listened to Il Divo? I love their song "Mama".

    ReplyDelete