Monday, December 31, 2012
As the new year approaches, I gaze back with fondness on the "lucky" serendipities of the previous 365 days. Some of them won't happen again for a long while... some will NEVER happen again during our lifetimes, if ever. Below are some of the greatest hits of 2012:
- August Blue Moon- (2nd full moon of the month)
- October, 11th, 2012 (10-11-12)
- December, 12th, 2012 (12-12-12)
- Survival of 12-21-12 (End of Mayan calendar)
- 13th full moon of the year on New Year's Eve
And as we consider that the 13th full moon of the year ushers us into 2013... it's time to throw out all that triskaidekaphobia crap and embrace 13 as the ultimate power that it effing is! Thirteen is far from unlucky... in fact, many cultures have revered the number 13!
According to the occult science of numerology, “He who understands the number 13 will be given power and dominion. It is a number of upheaval and destruction; a symbol of power which, if wrongly used, will wreak havoc and destruction upon itself.”
Here are some little known "lucky" 13 references:
- There were thirteen guests at the Last supper of the Christ.
- The celebration of the Epiphany takes place the thirteenth day after the nativity of the Lord.
- The Jewish Faith has thirteen fundamental dogmas of Judaism.
- Ulysses, the thirteenth of his group, escaped the devouring of the Cyclops.
- The Sumerians used a zodiac including 13 constellations.
- Some purport that the Universe is governed by thirteen fundamental constants of the physics.
- A card deck includes 13 hearts, 13 spades, 13 diamonds, 13 clubs
- There were 13 original colonies/ states
- the first national flag had 13 stars, and even today it still has 13 stripes. On the green side of the dollar bill there are 13 steps in the pyramid of the Great Seal. The motto above the pyramid, which reads “Annuit Coeptis,” has 13 letters; the eagle on the right side has a ribbon in its beak that bears the motto “E pluribus unum,” which contains 13 letters. The eagle has 13 tail feathers, and on its breast there is a shield of 13 stripes. In one talon the eagle holds 13 arrows, and in the other an olive branch with 13 leaves and 13 berries. Over the eagle’s head are 13 stars that form the six-pointed “Star of David.”
So, 13 is in fact a powerful number... and I urge you to harness and unleash that power to make 2013 your best year ever.
Posted by Chris Ledbetter at 11:03 PM