Tuesday, February 9, 2010

An Homage To "The Lightning Thief"


Let me just go ahead and say it... I AM ADDICTED TO MYTHOLOGY!! There I said it! I feel like I need to go to one of those meetings sometimes... You know the ones...
"Hello, my name is Chris and I'm a mythology addict."
"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii Chris! You're among friends."

Seriously, I love all mythology: Roman, Greek, Norse, Celtic, Egyptian... you name it... I love it!

As you know, I am myself re-penning a young adult, Greek mythology based novel. And, so I am all about hyping and promoting the category of YA Mythology based novels. This is why I am sooooo excited to see Rick Riordan's masterpiece- Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief- come to the big screen. It was an awesome read and I expect it to be an even awesomer movie! (Don't you worry, I know awesomer isn't a word... but sometimes it's fun to pretend ;-)

If you've lived under a rock recently, and aren't familiar with the book and story, here it is in a nutshell...
Set in modern day New York, young Percy Jackson discovers he is the demigod son of Poseidon, Greek God of the Sea. Together with a satyr and another demigod daughter of Athena, Percy embarks on an odyssey of sorts to recover Zeus' stolen thunderbolt. But can he find it in time to save the Gods of Olympus from going to war with each other?
Here's a redesigned cover of the book:
 

Here's the movie tie-in cover for the book:



So, like i said, the movie looks really exciting: Here's a link to the trailer:




 I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will!! See you at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment