Friday, February 4, 2011

Paying It Forward

I am participating in a Pay It Forward campaign begun by Shelli Johannes over at Market My Words. There are a few people who have given back to me to help me with my writing. One of the most helpful has been Blonnie Wyche from Wilmington, NC. She is an active member of SCBWI Carolinas, writing for the Pen and Pallette, and operates a critique group for the Wilmington area.

I contacted her about joining her critique group and she informed me that it was full. Not only that, but that the group met at a time I couldn't possibly meet. But, in her gracious manner, she agreed to work with me on a one-on-one basis. She helped to shape my fledgling story and provided invaluable advice. And for that, I'm truly grateful.

Blonnie... thank you. And, someday I hope to have the same impact on another writer coming along, finding their way.

6 comments:

  1. ah that was so nice Bonny. I know that took time. Good luck Christopher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was incredibly nice. She's a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was impressed with the Birmingham SCBWIs over here in the UK, they hosted an open event :)

    I was told the Critique groups were full, they are keen for people to establish more. I'd like to run a SCooBWI gang - I may have to yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elaine, you should absolutely start one. I'm trying to get going with some critique partners/ groups now with different populations. Best of luck with it. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome story. Good luck with forming a crit group. Sounds exciting.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete