Friday, March 23, 2012

SPARTAN RACE... Am I Crazy?


"Spartans... Prepare For Glory!" is a line from the movie 300. But it is that, which I am doing right now. Tomorrow, March 24th 2012, I will embark on the most physically challenging undertaking I have ever encountered; The Spartan Race!

The Spartan Race is not just cross country running, not just a trail race or mud run or an obstacle course... No, the Spartan Race is the ultimate obstacle race designed by seven ultra athletes and a Royal Marine. It is designed to test your resilience, strength, stamina, and quick decision making skills.


On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

~Ayton Senna, former F1 champion



There are four levels of difficulty for a Spartan Race
Sprint 3-4 miles, 10 obstacles
Super 8-10 miles, 15+ obstacles
Beast 10-12 miles, 20 obstacles
Death mud runs, obstacle racing, trail racing, physical challenges and mental challenges all in a +48 hour adventure race


I am participating in the Spartan Sprint. (Baby steps, people). Below are some videos to give you an idea of what I'll be facing.









So... what are you waiting for? Click here: Spartan Race and sign up for the closest Race to you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh shit Chris; you're seriously doing this. Have you ever done anything like it before? Have you been training for it? Man, I felt a heart attack coming on just watching it.

    I'll be cheering you on. But if I don't see you around in the next few days I'll know what happened.

    You are one brave soul. Good luck Dude. Get video so I can witness your accomplishments.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I'd never done anything like this. But YES... I DID IT!!! Thank you for cheering me on. It really means a lot to me. I have a post going up tomorrow talking about my experience.

      :)

      Delete
  2. My goodness, that's quite something. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support!! Check back tomorrow for my Spartan Race Wrap Up.

      Thanks

      :)

      Delete