Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring: Rebirth and Renewal... Demeter's Artful Thursday


So, last week I did a post on lovely and serene Demeter. And any discussion of Demeter, gently moves toward Persephone. And any engagement of the two of them can hardly be divorced from the subject of seasonal change. Depending on where you live, arguably, the two most dynamic season changes are summer to fall and winter to spring. In certain areas, fall foliage can be breathtaking, to be sure. But Spring... is not only beautiful in it's own right, but holds the promise of something more precious: Rebirth and Renewal. So, it is in the spirit of Rebirth and Renewal that I bring you this collection: Spring In Greece... or Greece- In Spring.

















9 comments:

  1. Wow, our Spring is beautiful, but I must say, you have me beat. I'm sneezing just by looking at the pictures, but allergies aside, I'd love to sit in a field of wildflowers that gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! My sister went to Greece when she lived in England and she loved it. I would love to go there someday. Looks like Spring is the time to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Abby and T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder. Wisconsin's still covered in snow and our spring is usually marked with mud. Glad to know we might see something better (relatively) soon!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...mentioned your award today, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again Erica, Wendy, and Rachel for stopping by. I think my post is made even more beautiful by your comments and profile pics. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos! I mentioned you on my blog today - http://mpaxauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, spring in Greece is beautiful. I'm popping over from M Pax's blog. It's nice to meet you

    Lyn
    W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete