Sunday, October 31, 2010

SUNDAY INPSIRATION: Wisdom of Edna Mode

If you're not familiar with Edna Mode, she's a larger-than-life, big-things-come-in-small-packages designer in the movie The Incredibles. Unofficially based on Edith Head, a famous Hollywood costume designer, she is hilarious, gritty, and wise. Following are my two favorite sayings from Ms. Mode:

"Never look back dahling. It distracts from the now!"

"Luck favors the prepared, dahling!"

Here is a clip of the indomitable Edna Mode. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Too funny!

    I haven't seen The Incredibles in a while. I cracked up then and now. She's a character we will never forget!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I used to design for gods..."

    My inner editor IS Edna Mode...

    ~bru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious.

    Just wanted to let you know you have an award waiting for you at my blog (oh, and I am having a Query Letter Blogfest--see page for details.)

    J

    http://jodilhenry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all. Glad you enjoyed Edna as much as I have.

    @Jodi WOW!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete